Thursday, December 11, 2008

giving is awesome


I first heard of Giving is Awesome here. As soon as I heard about it I knew I definitely wanted to be a part and hope you will too.

You know someone. You know someone who's experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. You know someone who can't afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family's spirit, love, and beauty.

You know someone. I guarantee it.

I want to know who they are, and I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography, including 20 4x6s, 10 5x7s, 5 8x10s, 1 11x14, and a 16x24 mounted canvas. It's in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season.

Oh, and the best part? The person who nominates the winner receives a complimentary session and a print credit. What better reason to show some love could there possibly be, people?

The rules:

* You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Being unable to make mortgage payments for a two-million-dollar-vacation-home in Paris does not qualify as sincere financial need.)

* The nominee must reside in Tennessee. Tell me who you know, what they're experiencing, and why they deserve my services. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.

* You must e-mail me the full story : moncriefphotography@gmail.com

The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve -- get nominating! I can't wait to read all of your entries!

Open your heart to someone this holiday season -- and thanks for giving me the opportunity to open mine.

much love,

-brittany-

moncrief photography

P.S. Feel free to link to this on your blog if you so desire

11 comments:

Ivey Handcrafted said...

you are awesome...that is all I have to say :)

Maddie said...

What a wonderful thing to do! I hope your family is feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful project, and what an awesome use of your talent! I agree, *you* are awesome! I'm going to post about the site on my blog - such a great idea!

Tamara Chastain said...

You truly have a spirit of giving. How awesome.

Brad and Shana said...

Really great idea, Brittany!! What a blessing for you & the recipient.

I finally updated my blog....just for you. Hope it doesn't Underwhelm :)

Y'all have a Merry Christmas

Ashley said...

Incredible! I am linking now! I feel blessed just to say I know you! ;)

Whit and Lindsay said...

I've linked. Have I mentioned that I just love you?!? What a great idea.

Amy said...

What a thoughtful and selfless project. Who ever gets to experience your talent is in for a treat! I am also linking...

ariel said...

Brittany - what a wonderful thing you are doing! That is awesome!

-brittany- said...

You all are so sweet. thank you to ALL for commment and or link :)

Update: Sadly I have not had any submissions, yet :( Either no one knows anyone in need or my work stinks :)

-brittany- said...

i have received a couple nominations. thank you for supporting a good cause!