Tuesday, February 10, 2009

happy birthday ada luv

DSC_7153
We dreamed about you. We wondered who you would be. We envisioned different personalities and an even more eclectic look. We thought about you often, spoke to you frequently, and prayed for you much. Counting the kicks we knew you would be active, but remained clueless on the specifics of your reality. Though our dreams were big, you far out weighed them. You, Ada Olivia (also know as Ada Luv) are better than we ever imagined. You have made us love stronger and deeper and know love in a way that we never knew existed. You mean more to us than I am certain you will ever know until you, one day, are able to experience the same thing we did exactly a year ago today. We thought we loved you in my belly, but our love for you has grown even greater though we did not think possible. This day is bittersweet. Today you are ONE! We want to keep you little forever, but at the same time you get even more fun everyday. We love you our Ada Luv and are so thankful that the Lord entrusted you with us for our short time on earth. Thank you for coming into our lives and allowing us to love you as well as we know how!

mommy.daddy.ada
aMo
2.10.08 @ 12:28am
6pounds 13ounces
20inches

DSC_7208
DSC_7149
DSC_7150

Love you forever
Like you for always
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
(anyone recognize this excerpt? It is from one of our favorite books)

We love you sweet Ada Luv!
Happy FIRST Birthday!
Huge huge thank you to our fabulous friend Tobi for this awesome hoodie! If you think this is cute and were unable to make it to Ada's b'day party then you are in for a treat. Tobi embellished Ada's b'day garb too. Tobi could you share just a smidge of your talent with me? Just a little tiny baby smidge? Visit Tobi's place here.

P.S. Click to enlarge any of the storyboards

17 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Awwww....so, so sweet!

Happy Birthday Ada!!

Summer said...

Happy Birthday, Little Ada!! Your birthday aunt is thinking of you today and couldn't be more proud to share a birthday with anyone else! :)

Amy said...

Ada! Happy, happy birthday sweet girl! We are so thankful to have shared in your life since your mommy and daddy could not wait any longer to announce that you were coming, to your FIRST birthday! We love you little friend!

Jessica said...

Yay! Happy Birthday sweet girl! And I love that your Mommy posted this at exactly 12:28, exactly your one-year birthday!!

Jessica said...

Oh, and one more thing: Tobi - that hoodie is the sweetest little thing I have ever seen! And even cuter in person!! You are so talented!

Ivey Handcrafted said...

Oh sweet ada - I am so happy to know you ahd have you be a part of my world. I love you and feel honored to be a part of your life. I am so glad I get to spoil you and love knowing you will always be my little model :) Brittany - thank you for using Ivey Handcrafted so much in your photos, I so appreciate you! I am blessed to have you....Thanks for letting me be a part of her birthday, even though I couldn't make it to her bday party!

Jessica - thanks so much sweet girl - I appreciate you!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Ada!! It is so hard to believe it has been one year! And what an amazing year has been!! To many, many more!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ada! What a pretty girl you are in your hoodie! It has been so fun watching you grow through your mommy's blog and her incredible pictures! I hope to meet you someday soon!

allie said...

Ada! Yay...happy birthday, sweet girl! You are a precious angel and gift from the Lord. Your mommy and daddy love you so much, as do mommy and daddy's friends. We are proud of you and can't wait to continue watching you grow!! One day we are hooking you and Silas up (that is once he fights off Tucker, Foy, and Asher for your love)! :)

Brooke said...

Now that I have had my good cry for the day (thanks Ms. Moncrief!), I will say a Happy Bday to you, beautiful Ada!

Sandy said...

To know that I have known Jimmy and Brittany since their college days, it is hard to believe now a new generation has begun. Happy birthday to the sweetest little girl (other than my Brittany).As I have said before, the fun is only just begun.
Love to all the Moncriefs.

The Davis family said...

Brittany - what a wonderfully sweet post! Ada is beautiful and we love seeing all of your pictures! We heard she had an incredible birthday party and can't wait to see pictures of her little dress. Happy 1st Birthday Ada!!

Kristin Finch said...

Happy Birthday Ada
You have a package coming to you in the mail. Tell your mommy to look out for it!!! I hope you love it just as much as I loved preparing it for you.

Kristin Finch said...

I am sooooo glad that you guys are enjoying the gifts!!! It makes me so happy when people enjoy their gifts. Please take some pictures of Ada and email them to me, I would love to use them as samples for people to view. I am assuming the pixie is going to be a bit big but I thought it would be good because Ada can grow into it.

-brittany- said...

Thank you to everyone for the Happy Birthday love that you sent to Ada! She felt the love and loves each and everyone of you as well!!!

Kristin, thank you again so much. I can not tell you enough how astonished I am by the Happy Birthday surprises!!!!

Maddie said...

Somehow I missed this post! Happy late birthday Ada!!!!

Kelly said...

Your daughter is adorable and so is that outfit! Happy Birthday Ada!