Sunday, January 25, 2009

my baby's birthday

Yep, you are right. Ada's birthday is not for 16 more days, but today is Jimmy's birthday. No. 28. Whoop Whoop!(click to enlarge) : Jimmy in new b'day cycling garb

I will have known Jimmy for 9 years this year and will have been married to him for 7. I can NOT believe it (almost as much as I can NOT believe our little love is soon to be one). He knows me better than anyone else, though sometimes he may not think so. He knows my mannerisms and strange habits and facial expressions. He knows that I love the night and hate the morning. He knows that I hate scary movies, but love romantic comedies and that I really LOVE to travel. Anywhere. That when I do decide to eat a hot dog I take it plain and that chocolate is my true obsession, but this is not about me. This is about him.

I won't tell you how we met...how long we dated...where he proposed...or about our wedding day. I won't even tell you that he once gave me an odd and potentially offensive gift for our first Christmas. Okay, I will tell you about that one. An AB ROLLER! Potentially offensive, ah-yeah! Promise, he did it out of love or at least that is what I have told myself all these years :). Either way I love him anyway and about all that other stuff, I am sure I will talk about it at some point. Anyway, today is his day. I love him for so many reasons. I love him because...he is like my dad. He, like my dad, puts special items in his underwear drawer. Like the hand written response he received just today from Charlie Monger, ya know Warren Buffet's best friend. Yeah that's right, the richest men in the world. Okay, yeah. You don't know and well, neither do I. So if you want more information from this section of the post then be sure to contact the birthday boy. Back to the underwear drawer. Does anyone else out their have a husband that has converted his underwear drawer into a secret treasure chest? Proceeding. He changes my oil for me. He will go to the store to get an ingredient I need for a recipe even though he JUST got back from the store and I failed to mention said ingredient the first time around. He cleans the bathroom, empties the dishwasher, irons his own clothes and takes out the trash while never complaining when he comes home to a tornado plowed threw house. He let's me play every day with my most prized possession, my little love, while he works all day to pay the bills. The hubs. He is my sunshine. He literally does make me happy when skies are gray. I love him more today, than the day I first met him. He is my help mate in so many facets. He is the spiritual leader of our home. He is the bread winner and always has taking care of his family at the forefront of his mind. He has always been a great husband and I have been continually floored to see he is an even more incredible father. I love to see their initial response to each other every. single. day. when he gets home from work. Sweeter than pie. His daughter is the apple of his eye and he is the twinkle in mine. Hun, I hope you have a most fabulous continuation of your birthday! You have made me the luckiest girl alive.


Exhibit A: Jimmy gets down in the floor as soon as he gets home to play with his daughter. These are from last week and no neither Ada nor I received something from Tiffany's. I wanted a little blue box for our first anniversary and so six years later of course I still have it and Ada mysteriously found it. Hey, it is almost Valentine's Day. Any men out there? You should go get the lady in your life a little blue box. You will not regret it. (click to enlarge)

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

Eskimo kisses at Fresh2Order (btw, yum factor of 5+ get the salmon panini and you will not be disappointed)...

<span class=

The reaction Jimmy gets from Ada when he wakes her up from a nap...

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

And a couple more as a fam from our sweet December photo session.




If you would like to leave him a happy birthday hello you can do so here or on his blog.

(and yippee, finally a Non-Meal Item Monday post..hiphiphooray)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jimmy! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Brittany - what a sweet post! And, I have to comment on that last b+w pic of Ada through Jimmy's glasses. That is just phenomenal. You are amazing.

Ashley said...

This is the sweetest post I have read!! I absolutely love to see a father and child.

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Amy said...

Yay! For daddies and hubbies! Sweet post. Superbly written. Happy birthday again, Jimmy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful guy!!!
Aida has you around all ten fingers.:)