Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mommy's day

Mother's Day was simplistic and perfect. Ada was perfect in church though I am beginning to realize that she had always been perfect but this time her parents were not paranoid. It did help however that she fell asleep in my arms for over half of the service.

We took Ada for her first visit to the Chattanooga Market where we saw familiar faces in the vendors such as Tobi Weldon and Vincent Gregg. There were chocolate covered strawberries, fresh squeezed lemonade and Lupi's pizza. Handmade dresses, painted landscapes, and wood carvings. All set to the tone of a nice blue grass band. It was a beautiful day, but with wild winds that almost stole the stroller away from us.For lunch we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house where the entire time was consumed by Ada entertaining her 93 year old Great-Granny. The joke of the afternoon was G-Granny did a sock check and I failed. I honestly did not have a sweater on Ada at church or at the Chattanooga Market but knew I HAD to have one on her before she saw Granny Campbell. (My mom was not present but instead in Ireland with a group of her girlfriends. I am proud of her travels and we will make up the day upon her return.)

Four Generations
Ada, thank you for my first Mommy's Day. I thank God for giving you to us. You are a miracle. Borrowed heaven. We did not bring you into a perfect world but we serve a perfect god.

Echoing the chorus from one of Sunday mornings worship songs:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

This is my prayer for you, my child.

And as my mom always spoke to us girls from the book Love You Forever:

Love you forever
Like you for always
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like you had a special day! Love the four generation picture and the quote! I love that book!