Sunday, March 16, 2008

dr. dr. give me the news...

...I've I got a bad case of lovin' you. While I love Ada's doctor it is definitely not in this manner. Certainly more the platonic or philos fashion than what Robert Palmer was implying in this idiotic song I can't get out of my head...aah! Yes, Friday was Ada's one month check up and let me say our child is a weed or growing like one rather. She now weighs 9 pounds 4 ounces (60th percentile) and is 21.5 inches in length (70th percentile). The chick is a fatty muncher (Lindsay and Jessica can attest that this is of highest compliments and is in no means derogatory). She has gained 44% since 02-10-08. I am so proud and saddened at the same time. Of course I am thankful for her growth and good health but at the risk of sounding cheesy she is growing up so fast. Yes, I said it and it has only been 5 weeks. Dear Lord help me, please. The doctor commented on how laid back Ada is in general and during all of his poking and prodding. I completely agree. The chick is fabulous. {sidenote: tonight 3 special friends and a cuz saw a bit of a different side, but let's blame it on the Mommy. She was completely off schedule and was feeling a bit under pressure with the watchful gaze of 2 first time expectant friends, which was all completely self induced, but now in the wee hours of the night we are back on schedule and yes I am completely aware that this is a run on sentence. End of sidenote} While I did not take any pictures at the doctor (I know, don't pass out) a post just seems barren without one so...

This is a shot of her pre-appointment bath. Those long legs definitely did not come from my side of the family.

1 comment:

Brad and Shana said...

Wow... 9lbs 4 oz. Did you know Bryce weighed 9 lbs 14 oz. WHEN HE WAS BORN!!!!!!

She sure is a cutie!!

I know I speak for all the Dalton girls when I say, I sure would love to see you and that sweet little one. Maybe we can plan a lunch date or something....

-shana