Tuesday, March 11, 2008

happy one month, ada

One of my members at the credit union once told me, "Life is like toilet paper, the closer you get to the end of the roll the faster it goes." While I know I am not at the end of my "roll", life is going much faster than normal. I can't believe Ada has already been here for a month. She has grown so much. My mom, Mimi, has started calling Ada "Little J" due to her irrefutable resemblance to her father. I realized today that it is undeniable Ada has Jimmy's face shape. "Little J" is becoming more and more appropriate.


At one month, her repertoire ranges from engaging eye contact to raising her head and being the cutest cuddle bug ever.

Introducing, Foy Hamaker. Foy was born in January so he and Ada are just a couple of weeks apart but look at the size difference. Is Foy not adorable? I love his intensity while on Ada's activity mat. While the two stared at everything but each other Shannon and I planned their first prom. Ada is just happy that someone in the relationship has hair.



Flashback: This is a prenatal shot of Shannon and I while at the Ocoee with our Life Group from church. Yes, Pat is trying to put forth a preggo belly too.

Little did Shannon & I know that we were not alone this weekend on our pregnancy journeys. Jennifer just so happened to want a picture with us the same weekend. Jennifer was not quite ready to disclose her news at that point. Jennifer is due in April with Tucker James. We are anxiously awaiting."Someone's been sleeping in my bed and she's still there!" exclaimed Brittany Bear. This is Shannon sleeping with my Boppy Maternity Pillow (thanks Amy, for the introduction to my favorite prenatal accessory). I came in from hanging out at the lake and this is what I found. It cracked me up.
To finish off the flashback here is a picture of the whole silly group.

3 comments:

Kristin Finch said...

I just wanted to let you know that Leia got her staples out today!!! No more cone dog. She is very happy about that. She can go back on regular food and be a normal dog again. Yeah for Leia. Also your little munchkin is so adorable. My baby is 3 1/2 now and I can hardly believe it.

Amy said...

I can't believe it's been a month! WOW! Love the first picture especially. They are all adorable as always. And, yes... the Boppy maternity pillow is worth EVERY penny (jimmy :o))!

Whit and Lindsay said...

I love the "Life is like toilet paper" analogy. So true.
Ada is such a cutie. We'll be in the states for a week in May. I definitely want to meet her then!