Friday, March 7, 2008

evicted

Prenatal I spoke of doing it within the first week or as soon as possible.
Upon arriving home I said give me a week, I had a c-secion.
Three weeks later I just couldn't do it. Just one more night. She is so little.
Two nights ago Ada was kicked out of the nest (she was in our room...in her bassinet).

No she is not yet upstairs in the nursery. I am not ready to trudge upstairs for nightly feedings, but it is amazing how many sounds can come out of a little creature that can not even yet speak. The first night, instead of being kept awake by her sounds I was kept awake by her sight. We have a video monitor and while I had not been one to constantly check to ensure the baby is breathing, I found myself doing so via the monitor. I forced myself to refrain from doing so last night, but the 32" okay more like 5" but it feels like 32", night light in the room can still be pretty distracting. On the other hand at 4am when I am quite delirious I look over at the monitor and I am swept back to the moments when I laid on a reclined examination table and watched Ada from the inside (my belly) out (the little back and white computer screen)....except this time one does not need a medical degree to determine which body part is where. I am now rambling, but one more thing...Megan found this video monitor for me at Big Lots for $40. Anyone who has seen how expensive these things can be will be highly impressed. I sure was. Thank you Megan for saving me alota green!

Here are some pictures from this week. Ada wanted to be like Anna Kate with some sort of bunny ears for Easter which is in March this year. Is Easter particularly early this year or am I completely delusional?

Update: It is not a figment of my imagination. Easter really is earlier than normal this year, see:

"Easter this year is: Sunday March 23, 2008
As you may know, Easter is always the 1st
Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox (which is March 20).
* This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used to identify Passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.

* Found out a couple of things you might be interested in! Based on the above, Easter can actually be one day earlier (March 22), but that is pretty rare. This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives! And only the most elderly of our population have ever seen it this early (95 years old or above). None of us have ever, or will ever, see it a day earlier! Here are the facts:
* The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so if you're 95 or older, you are the only ones that were
around then).
* The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in th
e year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So no one alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year! "

Okay, back to pictures. This is Anna Kate. You will be seeing a lot of Anna Kate. She is Ada's bestest buddy. She is the best baby ever, besides mine of course ; ) She is always smiling and has the best giggle. Love you Anna Kate. In the pic Anna Kate is actually wearing Ada's toboggan. Who would have thought that a 0-3 month "lid" would fit a 6 month old better that a 3 1/2 week old.


Here is Ada with the same toboggan on. She is loving the bunny hat that is for sure. What a face. Thank goodness we don't see that very often.

She actually looks like she is hopping. (yeah, hopping mad...Ha!)


And in actuality she was completely kidding about the whole thing. What an actress.

This is her best Home Alone face...you know when Kevin screams into the mirror after applying aftershave. I told you she was an actress. (We are still working on the hand gestures)


Last shot. I promise. Completely random because I heart random.

5 comments:

Whit and Lindsay said...

she is so cute I can't stand it!

Jessica said...

Love the photos! She has the best expressions!

Brad and Shana said...

super cute as always!!

-Shana

Amy said...

Love the bunny ear shots! What a cutie! Thanks for the props on my little darling! We love Ada, too! Had bunches of fun tonight! Who knew delirious Wii playing was so funny?

Anonymous said...

bunny ears pic will win prize money!