Monday, April 28, 2008

sunday siestas and furry friends

Nothing like a nap with a sleeping baby. Ada and I took the best nap ever on Sunday. It is a rarity that she will stay asleep in my arms for more than twenty minutes and I have now had the privilege twice this weekend. I could get use to this.
We have had a furry friend in our side yard for the past two days. Our little furry friend has stuck around despite a barking dog, slamming car doors, flashing cameras and talking people. I think we may have a new pet. We will gladly except. I even went so far as to google "how to domesticate a wild rabbit". Not much help was provided, but hopefully our furry friend will stay.
Random side note: Tonight while cooking breakfast for dinner, a Moncrief favorite, I set off the smoke detector. I hate that thing. Loud is an understatement. I was holding Ada and as the sound blared my little cheery giggly girl turned into a cherry tomato head wide mouthed mute. I had a flashback to her one month shots. Her exact actions were duplicated. I felt horrible and still do. Her newborn ears had never heard such a thing. I did not think I was ever going to calm her down. That is an event not to be repeated.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! Love the nap pic! Cute new pet! Your "cherry tomato head wide mouthed mute" description of Ada has me cracking up because it is so true! I HATE when they get like that! It is so sad!

Summer said...

I love the photos. And we have so many bunnies here that I googled them to discover that there are literally millions in this state. Usually a couple of times a week, I'll "release the hounds" in the backyard, only to scream like a fishwife when they try to chase the rabbits. Sometimes they stay so still that the dogs don't even notice them. I think they are so sweet!

-brittany- said...

Yes, I had the same experience with our hound until yesterday. I went out to feed Daisy and for the first time she saw the bunny and was more interested in fresh food than the grub I brought out. Poor bunny. I hope it didn't have a heart attack like my childhood pet rabbit.